Professional Background and Qualifications
CA Stanford Consulting, Principal
2006 to Present
CA Stanford Consulting specializes in real estate and assists clients in government and public affairs; strategic planning; property development; and historic preservation. Her clients include municipalities; developers; non-profit community groups and industry associations. Catherine teaches classes in Strategic Facilities Planning and Project Management.
Catherine's career spans 30 years in commercial real estate and includes work in both the public and the private sector. She has skills and experience in asset management; property development, rehabilitation, and acquisition; corporate real estate; business development; public and government affairs; urban and community-based land use planning.
Pike Place Market Preservation and Development Authority, Seattle
1990 to 2005
Director of Real Estate 1997 to 2005
- Responsible for the development of the LaSalle Senior Housing and Senior Center Project; the pre-development assessment of the PC-1 site; and the acquisition of the First and Pine Building.
- Oversight of commercial and residential property management, farm program, and capital construction and facilities planning. As a member of the management team she was responsible for an $11 million budget.
- Liaison for the Market with other downtown organizations, and the City of Seattle.
Commercial Property Manager 1990 to 1997
- Managed 225 commercial leased spaces within the eight buildings owned by the PDA
- Responsibilities included lease negotiations; providing assistance to business owners in marketing and management; analyzing sales data in the context of the retail climate of the area; budget preparation.
Hare, Brewer and Kelly, Palo Alto
1985 to 1988
Full Service Real Estate and Development Company located in Palo Alto, CA
Director of Asset Management
- Managed, supervised and trained a staff of 14 responsible for management, marketing and leasing of over 2.5 million square feet of commercial properties.
- Collaborated in pre-acquisition analysis and planning teams for the development of commercial properties.
1983 to 1985
Fortune 500 High Tech Manufacturing Company Headquartered in Palo Alto, CA
Senior Corporate Real Estate Manager
- Supervised Property Managers and support staff.
- Fully responsible for leased and owned properties; handled or managed all details from budget preparation through lease negotiation.
- Responsible for procuring space on a national basis; included developing site criteria; preparation of cost analysis and recommendations.
Hare, Brewer and Kelley
1982 to 1985
Property Manager, Commercial Division
- Managed Commercial portfolios of 1.4 Million square feet of commercial property in the Silicon Valley area.
- Responsibilities included: creation of annual operating budgets; cost control; property inspection; vendor and construction contract review and negations; marketing supervision and lease negotiation.